CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
November 28, 2022
The Ontonagon County REA invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant
Ontonagon County REA is an electric distribution utility serving approximately 5,000 meters in parts of five counties in the western portion of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The position will be located at the main office in Ontonagon.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the General Manager and is responsible for all administrative duties required to maintain cooperative activities running smoothly and efficiently. Position is a permanent, full time, exempt (salaried).
• Provide administrative support to the General Manager,
Operations Manager, and other staff as needed.
• Prepares board meeting documents, organizes and plans board
of director events, provides support for employee and
member events. Assists with managing annual budget and
• Performs Accounts Payable, Receivable Functions, and
Journal Entries. Manages warehouse inventory.
• Issues Purchase Orders, processes invoices, and prints
checks utilizing computerized accounting software.
• Processes payroll and employee expenses, maintains
• Provides Backup to the Billing Clerk. Includes creating
service orders and new electric service applications.
• Manage the Human Resource functions including benefits,
claims, and communication with employees. Answers phone as
needed, and relays messages to management and staff.
• Manages record and document retention according to RUS and
other regulatory agencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of an Associate Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Office Administration, or a closely related field; or five to ten years of experience in a relevant administrative position with a strong accounting background.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office with
Outlook, and other office systems.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting executive/management
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to adjust to multiple priorities, solve problems,
and research information.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
establishing and maintaining effective working
• Work is to be performed primarily inside an office
environment. Position requires the ability to frequently
sit, stand, and must be able to lift up to 40 pounds to
carry items and materials.
The cooperative offers a comprehensive benefits package and a salary structure that commensurate with qualifications.
Please send your resume with cover letter to
Ontonagon County REA
Attn: CEO/General Manager
500 James K Paul Street
Ontonagon, MI 49953
Prior to December 15, 2022