CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
January 6, 2024
The Ontonagon County REA invites applications for the position of Billing Clerk
Ontonagon County REA is an electric distribution utility serving over 5,000 meters in parts of five counties in the western portion of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The position is located at the main office in Ontonagon.
The Billing Clerk reports to the General Manager and is responsible to provide friendly service to members, particularly as it relates to bill payment, and the provision of services offered by the Cooperative. Provide accurate and timely data entry, data processing and computer operations; collect, interpret and analyze consumer account information and effectively communicate the data and results to consumers and others as necessary or required. Position is a permanent, full time, non-exempt (Union).
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIRMENTS
• Secures, researches, and assembles all pertinent information and data to process service transfers, connects, disconnects, and reconnects and maintains customer files on an ongoing basis to ensure that the customer information is accurate and the customer is billed correctly.
• Processes accounts receivable-electric revenue and kWh adjustments, sends revised bills, and makes budget billing adjustments to customer accounts to ensure that the customer is billed correctly and the cooperative's accounts receivable is correct.
• Reviews disconnects to determine the appropriate action within the scope of present policies and practices so the cooperative is paid in a timely manner and to minimize the financial risk to the cooperative.
• Maintains a file and prepares billing for accounts that require special attention so that the customers are billed correctly and in a timely manner.
• Provides month end information within three business days to ensure that month end reports are produced in a timely manner.
• Produces invoices to bill consumers and others for work orders and/or other work performed or requested. Enter new and updated information on consumer account records.
• Other duties as may be required or assigned.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Office Administration, or a closely related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office with Outlook, and other office systems.
• Prioritize, organize and perform multiple tasks at the same time.
• Effectively deal with a variety of people, including under difficult circumstances.
• Communicate information over the phone.
• Express oneself orally and in writing and to work with people.
• Compose correspondence and use basic information and data in developing reports.
• Understand basic management practices and office procedures.
• Work is to be performed primarily inside an office environment. Position requires the ability to frequently sit, stand, and must be able to lift up to 40 pounds to carry items and materials.
Please send your resume with cover letter to
Ontonagon County REA - Attn: CEO/General Manager
500 James K Paul Street, Ontonagon, MI 49953
Prior to January 19, 2024