ONTONAGON COUNTY RURAL ELECTRIFICATION ASSOCIATION
The Line Superintendent is responsible for the construction, operation and maintenance of the Cooperative’s distribution system including substations.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Supervises line personnel and contractors to ensure timely completion of work in a safe economical manner and built to RUS specifications.
- Coordinates with member services personnel to schedule contractors and line personnel.
- Works with member services personnel to ensure the proper and timely handling of service requests, including miss digs, and consumer inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Directs the restoration of service during storms and other emergencies.
- Ensures the routine inspection of power lines and equipment, including service drops and metering, is completed and service orders created for any deficiencies found.
- Insures the vehicles and equipment assigned to each area are inspected and properly maintained.
- Coordinates with stores personnel to maintain a proper and economical inventory within each area.
- Responsible for the AMR (automated metering reading) system.
- Supervises oil spill cleanups.
- Responsible for the training and development of personnel with the work group. This includes both journeymen and apprentice linemen.
- Responsible for coordination of the Cooperative’s safety program.
- Responsible for the planning and oversight of the Cooperative’s right-of-way maintenance program.
- Assists with system studies and preparing departmental budgets.
- Participates in preparation of the Cooperative’s 4-year work plans.
- Responsible for grounds and facilities.
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Lead Lineman, Journeyman Lineman, Apprentice Lineman
Authority and Accountability: The Line Superintendent shall have the full authority to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position in conformity with established policies, procedures and IBEW labor agreement. They would be accountable to their supervisor and the Cooperative for the efficient performance of these responsibilities. They are encouraged to use initiative and judgment in making decisions, remembering that the Cooperative’s best interests can be affected by their actions. They shall secure approval of the General Manager when policies are not clear, adequate or require interpretation.
- Must be physically and mentally able to safely function in all aspects of this position.
- Education – College degree is desirable. High school or vocational school graduate with majors in math and other related engineering courses, together with favorable experience will be evaluated to determine equivalency to or in lieu of a degree. Additional courses in electricity, personnel administration, human relations, management and data processing desirable.
- Job Experience – Must have a minimum of eight years’ electric utility experience in progressively related positions. Preferably, the experience will be in related operational or engineering area with firsthand experience in designing and constructing electric utility systems.
- Job Knowledge – Must possess an effective working knowledge of RUS construction and maintenance. Experience preferred in maintenance of electric apparatus equipment used in regulation and metering. Must be able to understand and use spreadsheets, word processing and other programs/equipment provided by the employer now or in the future.
Ontonagon County R.E.A. offers a comprehensive benefit package, including health, vision, dental and life insurance along with a defined benefit pension plan through NRECA. Benefits also include paid sick leave, vacation and eleven paid holidays.
Please submit your resume along with professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is: December 31, 2018 with a start date of February 11, 2019.